The SCERT was majorly established with an objective of enhancing the school education in the state level, and was first accomplished in Uttar Pradesh in the year 1981.
Since form its inception, it has proved to be a leading educational institution with time-to-time updating of reforms of enhancing the academic standards and quality. The SCERT’s structure and objectives are focused primarily on the school education and improvements of the same, especially it has got more focus on the elementary education too. Further, it has also got collaborated with many institutions and leading apex bodies, like Rajya Hindi Sansthan, Varanasi- Department of Hindi and Indian Languages, State Institute of Science Education, Allahabad, College of Teachers Education, Lucknow, etc… for its accomplishments of 70 functional DIETs and soothing functioning of its 10 departments… the three significant departments of SCERT, which carries all the subjects that are well spread on the prominent educational fields are namely, the State Institute of Science Education (SISE), State Institute of Education (SIE), and English Language Teaching Institute (ELTI). Well the SISE is located in Allahabad and is functioning as a coordinating unit of SCERT for the JNNSEC organization.
Further, the SISE concentrates on mathematics and science fields for the primary to higher secondary schools levels in the state, besides the regular activities like creating the curriculum, text books, teachers’ manuals and guidelines texts, training kits for teachers and also takes the pride in conducting the science exhibitions, seminars and other science discovery projects and activities. You can find the SCERT councils situated in around 36 locations, including Sikkim, Tripura, Thiruvananthapuram, Goa, Jammu & Kashmir, etc… Thus the SCERT performs quite many responsibilities and functionalities, such as:
- Curriculum revision and textbooks reviewing done for primary and upper primary classes that are in turn affiliated to the SCERT units.
- Actively conducting workshops on research methodologies focusing on different areas of competencies relating to the data identification, hypothesis testing, strategies formation to solve the same, qualitative analysis and deduction frame for the solving the research problems, etc…
- Further conducting teacher training programs and personality development and other trainings to access their presentation skills are significant functionalities of SCERT.
- Its focus on the Total Quality Management (TQM) concept, which is another feature that deserves a big applause, as it tries to eradicate the root causes of the quality problems, rather than treating its symptoms.
- Provides a clear platform in addition to the orientation of the writing teams on various issues, like continuous and comprehensive evaluation, standard learning patterns, structures, pedagogy, portraying effective learning methods to the children, etc…
- It does conduct a special drives to recruit in the teachers, and also provides the opportunity to submit in the application, via the email addresses provided in its website, the applications could also be sent in via the printed format to the SCERT. It excels in the specialty trainings provided to the teachers, majorly oriented towards the proficiency level enhancements, increasing the research aptitude, leadership building activities, etc…